Friday, March 13, 2009

A Cosmetic "Life" Procedure!





Yep, There is absolutely NO difference! :)

I think I have finally arrived and joined up with the likes of Elizabeth Taylor and Joan Rivers! Why? you ask. Well on Tuesday I had my first ever "Cosmetic" procedure! (Probably my last!) My dearest friend in the world, who will remain un-named, decided we should go down and visit a past employer who also does different cosmetic things like Botox and such. (NO I didn't have Botox-but am not totally against it! HAHAHA) Anyway, I have always had this little red vein under my nose that drives me absolutely nuts and my darling little friend said "Barb, you could get that zapped sooo fast." Really? Wow, that sounded fun. So the appointment was made. I was extremely nervous too. I knew this was going to hurt. Yeah, I know I am a wimp. Okay, so we were going to go and hold each other's hand during our little "procedures". But it didn't work out, and I actually ended up going alone and I had no one to hold my sweaty little hands! When I arrived at the office the receptionist asked "What are you having done?" I nervously explained about that annoying vein that drives me nuts. She gave me the most ridiculous look and then turned around while saying "Let me go and get the magnifying glass". Okay, do I feel stupid. They walked me to the room, sat me down, took a look at the affected area, and started "Zapping". To think I actually liked the Doctor when I sat down too. WOW did that HUUURRRRT! Then he proceeded to hand me a mirror so I could see if I liked the results. I tried my best to look, through my teared up eyes, and past the overhead light blasting down, I ended up just looking right up my nose. "Oh, the STUPID things we do." I heard myself say. After a few more minutes of tear jerking "ZAPS", it was all a thing of the past. The Doctor nicely walked me up to the front desk and told the girl there "It was so small, don't charge her for anything." There I go feeling stupid again. Why was it so big to me?
Case in point, I think I learned a lesson that day. Those little trivial things that drive us nuts, are such a waste of time and energy. "Don't sweat the small stuff." I know! It's easier said than done. This coming from the girl who a year ago would have passed out if my toilet paper wasn't peaked when a guest asked to use the respective restroom. Yeah, you can say that I have had to relax my standards just a little now that I am a working mom. But, that lesson learned, through many, many guests using unpeaked toilet paper and etc. etc. is that life is so much fun when we concentrate on what truly matters most! I have my family! We are healthy and together! We have a messy laundry room, our garage is in shambles, and our toy room looks like Kansas after a tornado and it's OK! Today I am going to rejoice when I see 2 dust bunnies and not 3 and then I am going to sit down with my kids and watch "Napolean" and they are going to spill popcorn on the carpet, and I am going to laugh and not scream!

I feel as if I am just starting to live!
Thanks Doc!

p.s. My long lost friend Della posted a quote from Dr. Suess on her blog that I feel goes very nice with this post.

It's a troublesome world.
All the people who're in it
are troubled with troubles
almost every minute.
Just tell yourself, Duckie,
you're really quite lucky!
Some people are much more...
oh, muchly much much more
unlucky than you!
-from the Dr. Suess Book - Did I ever tell you how lucky you are?
-I'm still glad that vein is gone! ;)

Life is good!






3 comments:

  1. Ha Ha I know who your friend is and you make me laugh! I never noticed anything like that you are to cute!

    love ya the mex

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's cool that he didn't even charge you. I guess it's good business because you are likely to go back when you have something bigger to be done.
    I think we all have little things about us that bother us, but noone else even notices them.
    One of my front teeth is slightly longer on one side. I know no one even looks that close, but I want to get it evened out anyway.
    But I think when we do those little things it gives us confidence and helps us feel better about ourselves. (We just have to be careful not to go Joan Rivers overboard).
    I loved that quote too. (which was why I posted it, lol).
    -Della

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you started a blog! I found it today while I was on your facebook! You are a great story teller! I will have to check back often!

    ReplyDelete